I sent this email out to my friends and acquaintances last week:
When I last emailed you it was to ask for assistance with funding a short film project. I’m overjoyed to tell you that we surpassed our Kickstarter goal by almost 40% and shot the film five days later.
Shabbat Dinner premiered in February to 120 friends and supporters in NYC. It has since screened on three continents to over 4,000 people. The film was nominated for theGolden Firebird Award at its world premiere in Hong Kong and nabbed the 2nd place Audience Choice Award in Miami.
And that’s just the beginning—the film is slated to play at five festivals this summer, and we’re hoping to screen at many more. We’re working to screen the film to high school audiences, mostly through Gay-Straight Alliances. The best way to stay informed is to sign up for more information at shabbatdinnerfilm.com.
And if you want to purchase a nifty t-shirt or DVD, check them out at the online store.
Confirmed screenings (updated from the email – for more check out the website
* indicates that I will be in attendance and a Q&A and reception will follow the screening.
Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
August 23, 7:30PM
*September 8, 6:30PM
September 12, 15, 16
Austin Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
October 3-7, date TBA
Tacoma Film Festival
October 4-11, date TBA
Seattle Lesbian & Gay Film Festival
October 11-21, date TBA
Sacramento International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
October 25 – November 6, date TBA
In other news:
- I spent the month of April following the band Everest for their NYC residency and creating short mini-docs about their performances. Watch them living at their beach house or playing Brooklyn Bowl. I’m directing several music videos this summer which will be released by late Spring.
- I’m most excited to announce that I’ve completed writing a feature film and am starting work on a second. No timelines just yet, but I want this to happen within a year or two.
- My first online gallery is up on my website, showcasing the breathtaking beauty of the Roslyn retreat center, where I recently participated in a 9-day Vipassana meditation retreat. Please take a look and buy a framed photo!
- I continue to work in New York and Los Angeles as a freelance cinematographer, editor, and director, and I’m always looking for new collaborators.
So thanks again everyone for your support. Because of you, this film now has a life! And a huge thank-you to everyone running these festivals, who have shown the fellow visiting crewmembers and myself an incredible time.
Leave a Reply